Training and Development
The priorities of the program includes building institutional capacity and empowerment of government institutions to the application of highest international standards of excellence, and based on this, the program prepares a selection of training courses and programs that will contribute to achieving the desired goals of institutional excellence.
Examine personal dimensions and abilities:
Personal-dimension tests performed on statistical analysis are considered one of the best improvement and leadership development tools, due to their credibility and reliability and proven link to good performance, and Sheikh Saqr Program used a fourth generation measure which is characterized by the highest level of credibility because it makes the participant specify his/her behavioral exam priorities.
There was also a focus on self-development and obstacles reporting, and on the basis of these reports participants have been interviewed by the consultant who prepared a special training plan for each one of them. The program also examined the skills of young leaders in the emirate by testing their linguistic thinking, digital thinking, and mathematical and logical thinking. The program was initiated with the participation of 27 leaders in the personal dimensions test, and 18 leaders in linguistic thinking, digital thinking, and mathematical and logical thinking skills.
Training Organizationaal Excellence Coordinators and their Assistants:
Based on the annual general plan for program's activities, many valuable programs and courses have been prepared for the qualifying and training of coordinators to enable them to deploy the quality and excellence culture. The program also qualifies quality specialists through training on the following:
- Preparing of the Internal Assessor.
- Quality Tools.
- Learning quality standards in detail.
- How to prepare questionnaires and analysis.
- Automated system for managing institutional performance.
- Meetings management.
- Effective communication.
- Training methods.
- How to prepare and analyze surveys.
- The automated system of government performance management.
Training Leaders of Standards and their Assistants:
The program prepares and organizes intensive workshops for leaders of standards according to the European model of excellence (EFQM) and linking standards with valuable examples that can be used to compare the best government practices, in addition to the private meetings with them and making sure things are going the right way in government institutions.
Training Customer Service Staff:
The program organizes workshops for customer service staff in government institutions and training them on how to acquire the right skills to meet the needs of customers and how to deal with the various issues that affect them from different cultures and social backgrounds.
Training on Statistics and Analyzing Questionnaires:
Sheikh Saqr Program for Government Excellence submits periodic and individual training in statistics to enable the leaders of excellence standards to use of statistical tools to identify and solve problems, and in particular the analysis of questionnaires, including:
- Leadership styles questionnaire.
- Job satisfaction questionnaire.
- Questionnaire to measure the quality of services.
Training on Automated Systems:
In the framework of implementing the program for the third square that contains the training programs that enable involved staff to implement projects and initiatives, the Sheikh Saqr Program for Government Excellence provides training for electronic systems administrators in government institutions on a regular basis, for:
- Administrators of the automated system for managing government performance.
- Administrators of the Unified Customer Complaint System.
- Administrators of Unified Suggestions System (Musharaka).
Training Coordinators of Human Resources:
The program prepared and organized workshops for the coordinators of human resources to enable them to use the Job Performance Management Guide and apply it in their institutions, and the coordinators' progress was followed through meetings and consultations.
Job Performance Management:
Research has shown that the best reward systems combine individual and collective rewards, therefore Sheikh Saqr Program for Government Excellence adopted a job performance management system which is based on individual job performance and is measured through the required job skills and how to achieve career goals, in addition to the results of the outstanding government department category, and accordingly, the staff was able to get monthly financial incentives ranged between 15% and 30% of basic salary. This project was applied in 2008, and had a significant impact on the proper application of excellence standards, which was confirmed by the results of the outstanding government department category results.
Job Performance Management Goals include:
- Confirming the vital role of the performance evaluation process in the development of work and achievement of a strategic utilization of rewards to improve the quality of work.
- Motivate institutions and individuals to achieve high levels of performance.
- Linking job performance to institutional performance.
- Linking work rewards to the actual level of performance, productivity and job commitment.
- Provide a practical frame for institutions to improve job performance management using modern methods of setting goals and competency assessment.
- Achieve a high degree of objectivity and transparency in determining the expectations of the work and the results of accomplishment and performance.
- Provide an opportunity to all employees to get to know the strengths and weaknesses of job performance and creating necessary development plans.